Best Friends Animal Hospital feels that the best medicine is preventative medicine. This begins with the necessary puppy and kitten exams and vaccinations.
Veterinary medicine has made great strides and pets are enjoying much longer and more trouble-free lives with the aid of qualified and conscientious health care professionals. Wellness Exams and testing are recommended annually. The key to a healthy pet is the early detection and prevention of disease.
Surgery – Best Friends Animal Hospital offers state-of-the-art surgery services. Not only do our doctors stay abreast of all the latest techniques, but they also ensure that all of the equipment is the latest and greatest! Our newest addition has been our laser. Laser surgery allows the doctor greater control of the incision, the ability to ensure that more malignant cells are removed with tumors and it also decreases bleeding and pain for our patients.
Dentistry - Keeping your pets' teeth clean and his/her mouth healthy is very important, because periodontal disease will shorten your pet's life! If your pet has significant periodontal disease, then his/her mouth is teeming with pathogenic bacteria. These bacteria get into the blood and end up on the heart valves, kidneys, and lungs where they cause slow but sure deterioration.
Nutritional Counseling - Keeping your pet healthy involves not only good medical care but also good nutrition and exercise. By keeping your pet at his/her ideal weight you can add as much as 2 years to their life span!
Boarding - Our hospital strives to provide quality boarding at a reasonable rate. We have three full-time doctors on staff to service any need your pet may have. Our kennel attendants are employees of the hospital. All dogs are walked outside several times per day and given fresh food and water daily. Cats are given fresh food, water and litter boxes daily. We also have a groomer on-site for your convenience. All of our runs are indoors and climate controlled.
Grooming – Our grooming department is designed to meet all of your pet's pampering needs. We offer everything from baths and nail trims to summer shave downs and fancy hair cuts. Our groomer is trained to handle all of your needs and has over 20 years of experience!
- Allergy Consultation and Treatment
- Anesthesia-Intravenous and Isofluorane Inhalant Anesthesia with Monitoring Techniques
- Behavior Counseling
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Canine 4Dx
- Comprehensive Examinations
- Comprehensive Geriatric Work-Ups
- Cremation Services
- Dentistry – Services Include Dental Treatmen
- Diabetes Management
- Diagnostic Procedures with In-House Laboratory
- Dietary Consultation
- External Parasite Prevention
- Fecal Testing
- Fluid Infusion Pumps
- Health Certificates for Travel
- Heartworm Prevention & Testing
- Hospitalization Capabilities
- House Calls
- In-House Laboratory
- Internal Medicine
- In-House Pharmacy
- Intestinal Blockage
- Nutritional Counseling
- Parasite Control
- Pain Management
- Pet Pals Program
- Pet Portal to Make Appointments, Prescription Refills, Check Vaccinations and Receive Email Reminders
- Postcard & Email Reminders
- Prescription Foods
- Prevention and Treatment Programs
- Retail Store
- Second Option Examinations
- Senior Canine Wellness Program
- Specialist Referrals
- Tail Docking
- Therapeutic Services
- Titer Analysis
- Wellness Exams
- Puppy and Kitten Vaccine Plans